Next build env step (Was: Let us not forget to give every new one a *very* warm welcome - Let us write a welcome message to all new subscriber! How....)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jan 22 18:38:37 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 14:23 +0100, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Also, it seems to me that we are starting to feel the need for a
> development-oriented mailing list.
> E.g., thanks to some previous messages on this list, I did my homework
> this week-end to setup an OpenEmbedded build environment and (probably)
> managed to build some targets (nano, gpe-today, gpe-image and the like);
> but I'd like some more advice if possible now: how to check that the
> binaries I built are somehow operational, at least on the building host,
> maybe on a hardware emulator? Etc., etc.
> That's not top-level development, but (IMHO of course) it would be nice
> to have such topics separated from more general ones.

Yes, I agree, there needs to be another list like
openmoko-developer at lists.openmoko.org to split out the dev. discussion
from the community discussion, as it has scaled pretty high.

Also, I think pooling up this type of intro discussions on the temp.
wiki is great to point people to the new FAQ on the temp wiki.

Jon