development model

Tehn Yit Chin tehn.yit.chin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:14:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I have been reading this list for a couple of months and I haven't
seen any questions/infomation as to the development model on the
actual target. Here are a couple of ideas to ease the development
process.

1) expose the serial port so that we control the device via a console.
This will be essential for getting things like the bootloader or the
device drivers going.
2) somehow make the device networkable. In this scenario, we can NFS
mount a shared directory on our desktop machine from the target. With
this setup, we can cross compile the application, copy it to the NFS
mount, and immediately execute it on the target.

cheers,
Tehn Yit Chin