Fw: Re: built-in scripting languages

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:30:35 CET 2007

Bah, forgot to reply all.

I think that's an excellent idea actually... A website where you can log
into, set up preferences about the packages you have installed and build
an image based on that.

Is that ability already in existence?  I mean, I am sure ipkg has the
ability to update all of your currently installed packages, but it
doesn't build an image for you to clean install on your system.. Right?
Or am I out of touch again (it happens often I think lol).  Or would
anything be gained by clean installing a new image on your device?  Is
there anything which can't be upgraded or installed by ipkg?

--Tim
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:59, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> I have a suggestion: a do-it-yourself main distribution packaging site
> from FIC, where you can choose selected alternative components, and
> receive as a result your own personalized 64MB.
>
> Then, naturally, I will have to see if it is acceptable for me not to
> use all those applications that require those scripting languages for
> which there is no space on my main memory.

--Tim