BT Vehicle Profiles

Andrew Turner ajturner at
Tue Jan 23 17:15:09 CET 2007

Bluetooth connectivity is usually limited by the protocols that the
bluetooth stack supports on the 2-sides. Essentially, are they both
going to speak the same protocol?

It is sometimes possible to write drivers for hardware (at least open
hardware) to add protocol's to the stack. However, what car/system do
you have so that it may help identify which protocol's it expects.

Here is a good intro to Bluetooth technical aspects: