keyboard, please!

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 17:53:34 CET 2007

quixote writes:
>I'm a (future) user, and this phone is what I've been waiting for in so
>many ways.  Except one.  No option to buy one with a qwerty keyboard.
>
>Please, please, please re-think that.  I have to do a lot of writing and
>emailing while away from my main computer, and the lack of a keyboard is
>a showstopper for me.  I remember seeing one earlier comment on the same
>topic from someone who does a lot of text messaging.  A *lot* of people
>are using phones as stand-ins for computers, and a keyboard is essential
>for that.
>
>It could be relatively easy to add a keyboard if it was simply an added
>hinged component, i.e. you had much the same shape, but it would be
>twice as thick (and heavy) for those of us desperate to have keyboards,
>and it would open on the long side, like the LG9800 or the ROAD phone.
>
>How do other people feel about this?

Ideally, later versions may be available both with and without
keyboards.  For me, the reason I didn't get a Treo last summer when my
existing PalmOS phone started flaking out was that I couldn't get one
*without* a keyboard, and there was no built-in stylus-based text
entry.

In the meantime, if you're serious about typing with this device,
http://www.thinkoutside.com/