keyboard, please!

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jan 23 18:02:38 CET 2007

ti, 2007-01-23 kello 08:37 -0800, quixote kirjoitti:
> I'm a (future) user, and this phone is what I've been waiting for in
> so many ways.  Except one.  No option to buy one with a qwerty
> keyboard.
>
> Please, please, please re-think that. [...]
> How do other people feel about this?

I feel that it is futile at this point to ask for them to re-think
nontrivial design issues. What would be less futile is to make it a
wishlist item for future OpenMoko phones, which I'm pretty sure it is
already. Hopefully there will, in the future, be enough demand for a
variety of different models to be economically feasible.

That said, I'd also like a keyboard. I'll probably buy one, too, since
the phone does have BT, and there are small BT keyboards on the market.
(Incidentally, I do hope the default apps take into account that there
may be a keyboard present in addition to the touchscreen.)

--
Mikko Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki