Free Your Phone

Corey corey at bitworthy.net
Wed Jan 24 01:50:58 CET 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 17:35, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> On 1/22/07 5:28 PM, "Milan Votava" <votava at mageo.cz> wrote:
> Then why claim that I'm trying to exploit people?

Well, in his defence - and for whatever it's worth - when I read his
post, I immediately took "exploit" in the more positive usage of the
term, i.e. definition #1:

 ex·ploit Pronunciation (ksploit, k-sploit)
n.
1.  To employ to the greatest possible advantage
2.  To make use of selfishly or unethically

Perhaps he did in fact mean #2, which would have been pretty uncool
and totally off the mark. I think it's more than clear that you and your team
are 120% sincere and serious when it comes to the open/free aspects of
the OpenMoko model.

The geek community is going to be employed to the greatest possible
advantage _naturally_ - through the sheer merits of the OpenMoko
platform itself, and through the community that's bound to prosper
around it.

Beers!

Corey