idea for Neo 2nd generation: Accelerometer

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 24 14:06:29 CET 2007

Salve Jose!

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa schrieb am Mittwoch, den 24. Januar 2007 um 08:44h:
> >For exemple, we use it only if we are in a game or if the phone is
> >ringing...
>
> If the command were "shake to phone to answer", I could accidentally
> answer the phone while I play with my kids!

Consider that it will be possible to use a special, typical movement
to answer the call - not just an uncontrolled shaking.

We had already several ideas for using such a sensor on the list
like this thread:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000151.html
But much more would be possible - so please go on with spreading
ideas :) I hope v1 will have solder points to add a sensor myself
or that all our nice ideas confince Sean/FIC/OpenMoko team that the
v2 must have sensors ;)))

And consider that many new things become possible with sensors
and software - so forget a "simple shaking" ;)

BTW: I'd like to use a accelerometer or clinometer to look and unlook the
touchscreen.

Greetings,
rob