consider to use a proxy Re: web browser

Robert Michel openmoko at
Wed Jan 24 15:54:02 CET 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Is Neo going to have more or less featurefill web browser (e.g. with
> javascript machine, etc)?

Featurefill web browser has not so a high priority on my
whishlist that having a cheap low traffic and fast webbrowsing.
So a Proxy on the Neo and a Proxy on a gateway server, compression
and pictures and javascript/java only on demand would help very much.

I guess in most cases I will use elinks as webbrowser with

Also caching intersting (news)pages before leaving
will IMHO more important than to have a featurefill webbrowser.

Probably there will be 2 direction on the topic webbrowser.

Just my 2 cents