verizon and openmoko

Dean Collins Dean at
Wed Jan 24 17:16:47 CET 2007

It doesn't make sense for FIC to offer a CDMA handset just for the USA,
it's a dieing technology and GSM is more widely operated in almost all
countries outside of the USA.

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at
+1-212-203-4357 Ph
+1-917-207-3420 Mb
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of
mark at
Sent: Wednesday, 24 January 2007 10:44 AM
To: community at
Subject: verizon and openmoko

Just wanted to see if anyone knows whether or not the OpenMoko phone
work with Verizon?  I have attempted to research what protocols Verizon
supports, and it appears that they use EVDO and CDMA, technology which
isn't supported on this phone.  I was highly excited about the product
until it seemed that I couldn't use it on my carrier.  I don't really
to have to change carriers to use the openmoko phone.

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

OpenMoko community mailing list
community at