GNU discussion (was re:Free your phone)

David Schlesinger david.schlesinger at palmsource.com
Wed Jan 24 17:33:39 CET 2007

Gosh, why does this fail to surprise me?

Didn't you get to say your piece already? Why don't you harass the Ubuntu
folks with this, hm? There are many more folks calling it "Linux" than
"GNU/Linux", and very few people who seem to care strongly about your
over-developed sense of "history" and "ethics", but you seem to be hgving
trouble accepting that.

One _more_ time: you are dragging down the signal-to-noise ratio on the list
with this persistent silliness. I thought you'd developed a little maturity
and decided to drop it and stay on topic, but I see I was over-optimistic.

It's got nothing to do with "ethics": it has to do with someone's obsessive
(and at least four lengthy web pages on the subject counts in my book as
"obsessive") need to get the "credit" he feels he "deserves" but has been
"cheated" out of by common parlance.

Better still, tell you what: since you're all about the "ethics" here, go
and get the folks at "GNU" to change the name of their system to "GNU/Mach"
and _then_ come back to talk to _us_.

"Ethics" should start at home.