verizon and openmoko

Chad chad.page at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:48:44 CET 2007

The other major problem - if FIC made a CDMA OpenMoko phone, Verizon
would have to explicitly allow it's use, which would probably not
happen.  Verizon has a tight level of control over phones - they will
have their own UI installed and Bluetooth file transfers etc turned
off.

Simply, Verizon['s phones] is/are the anthesis of OpenMoko.

- Chad

OBiPhone:  Given how tightly Steve's controlling the iPhone he might
as well have dealt with Verizon ;)