Neo1973: Mobile Phone or Mobile Computer?

Al Johnson openmoko at
Wed Jan 24 19:16:11 CET 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:55, Richard Franks wrote:
> The distinction may become more relevant if you get hit with a cease and
> desist - "YouTube has blocked a small company from making YouTube videos
> available on mobile phones":
> If we have a browser with Flash support capable of displaying YouTube
> video, and then run it on the Neo.. are we suddenly going to have to
> worry about litigation such as this company did?

Not a problem - it's just a browser. This company was transcoding the video.
Running your own transcoding proxy is probably fine, but start doing it as a
service to others and you could have a problem.

Getting a flash-capable browser will be another problem entirely...