Neo1973: Mobile Phone or Mobile Computer?

Richard Franks richard.franks at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jan 24 19:33:11 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 18:16 +0000, Al Johnson wrote:
> Getting a flash-capable browser will be another problem entirely...

I wondered about that before posting, but I found this link, so it looks
like options may be available.. although I gather the standard approach
is to have the manufacturer negotiate the license with Macromedia:
http://board.flashkit.com/board/archive/index.php/f-62.html

But I think the bigger issue may be if mobile phones are subjected to
different legislation than your regular PC - I can see the major phone
manufacturers lobbying this point of view to protect and lock-in their
market shares.

Richard