Ready For Prime Time?

Dave Crossland dave at
Wed Jan 24 20:28:20 CET 2007

On 24/01/07, Duncan Hudson <openmoko at> wrote:
> I'm starting to get excited about the phone, and I really don't want to
> see my hopes dashed.  Has an FCC filing been made, is the phone ready to
> go?

I believe so. From

    2007-03-11 Phase 1: Official Developer Launch
    We will sell the Neo1973 direct from for US$350 plus
    shipping. Sales and orders will be worldwide. We are specifically
    targeting open source community developers.

> What about the multi-point touch screen?  It's wonderful, but
> doesn't Apple have a patent on that?

Of particular interest to OpenMoko developers will be

Good background story at