Squeak for the kids! Use Linux-vserver power before giving your Neo to a kid (or someone else) Re: Idea for OpenMoko: Kid Mode

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 24 21:42:39 CET 2007

Salve Sam!

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Sam Kome wrote:

> I like this thread, although I'm not giving my $350 phone to my kids!
In case that I would have kids, I wouldn't either,
it is because of the price, but also because it isn't rough enough.

Some more stuff for kids:
see my mail "OpenMoko/Neo1973 is pure (r)evolution :))) - do you
recognized the power of "multi-touch gesture recognition""
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000258.html
Robert Michel schrieb am Samstag, den 25. November 2006 um 04:22h:
> And for inspiration, remember the video about the squeak educational
> software, written in Smalltalk-80
> (just for inspiration - I will not propose any language/enviroment
> to use with OpenMoko ;)
> http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-7680106513348266522&q=Squeak
> (19 Min.)
> Imagine to combine something like that with a multi-touch screen :))))

And while we were looking for a Wifi chip with open driver, we got
a tip to see what chip the http://www.laptop.org project is using.
So for this thread, beside that the OLPC laptop has more Pixel:
Resolution: 1200 (H) × 900 (V) resolution (200 dpi)
I expect that some educatial stuff from OLPC will be usable for
OpenMoko devices.

And linux-vserver could help, that a parent give his Neo1973 to his
childes in the Kid mode without the danger, that they
- doing expensive calls
- bother your most important client or your boss
- delete all your important data
or what ever...

Cheers,
rob