How to get involved (HELP!!!)

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at
Wed Jan 24 22:26:48 CET 2007

Le mercredi 24 janvier 2007 à 14:34 -0600, Jonathon Suggs a écrit :
> I'm a computer engineer and want to get involved.  All I'm seeing coming
> across this mailing list is feature requests, basic inquiries, etc.  Is
> there another list that is focused more on the development side of things?

I expect a devel-oriented mailing list to be opened too soon. But before
launch, I guess that FIC work forces are focussed on doing the launch.
And that's probably appropriate.

> I'm a little lost on how this project is structured.  Can someone please
> either respond back to this list or email me at jsuggs at with
> more info.

As someone else said, we've been asked to do some homework with the build system. Maybe that was just to reserve adequate
space on the hard drive... (takes a lot!)
Furthermore, xoo ( should be useful for
application simulation (apparently, a full qemu-like emulation is not

I guess reading the documentation of bitbake and monotone might be
useful too wrt openembedded, as well as studying some of the "GPE" suite
applications. But well, maybe just wait until there's more information
available concerning the openmoko-specific APIs.