Neo1973: Mobile Phone or Mobile Computer?

Shu Hung (Koala) koalay at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 11:46:35 CET 2007

On 1/25/07, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 25/01/07, Shu Hung (Koala) <koalay at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why don't we just use the Flash for Linux 9 on OpenMoko?
>
> It is proprietary software, and using proprietary software is
> unethical and unsustainable. A clear example of its unsustainability
> is that we couldn't recompile it for the Neo1973; it just wouldn't
> work at all.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dave

Dave,

I understand this GNU rational for the phone. But I would suggest OpenMoko
to take a more welcoming approach like Ubuntu do. If we have an apt-get like
application management system, we may have OpenMoko a FOSS default install
while allowing users to install proprietary software through 3rd party
respo.

Koala Yeung
P.S. May I ask one thing: Does application runs on i386 runs on OpenMoko
with the same binary?