OMG wiki license

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 25 16:21:28 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 07:29:47AM -0500, Richard Franks wrote:
> then there is no copyright issue as the contributors have implicitly
> put their words into the public domain?

Public domain only exists in the UK/US common law countries.

I for example, as a German citizan, cannot put something into the public
domain - unless my copyrigt expires some decades after my death.

So, yes, I firmly believe it is problematic to copy that old content
into the new official wiki.

The official wiki will, in the spirit of Wikipedia (and for
compatibility) be using GFDL 1.2.

Cheers,