R: Need info on AGPS

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Jan 25 16:42:02 CET 2007

Salve Harald!

Thank you for feedback.

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 02:38:20PM +0100, Michele Manzato wrote:
> > 5. Are there any known estimations on the overall (A)GPS performance on the
> > Neo (esp. fix time)
>
> There are some numbers in the data sheet of our GPS chipset vendor, but
> that data sheet is closed.  I will ask them to give us some
> document/numbers that we can publicize.

The (A)GPS chip inside of the Neo1973 will be a very important factor
- many new solutions and services could be created and offered with
this integreated indoor working GPS chip - in combination with an
GNU/Linux running small device :))))

Documentation will be important to support development but also to
make more populare which power the Neo1973 has - for developers but
also for just users.

> > 8. Is it possible to tell/know which is the A-GPS server currently in use?
>
> yes.

To support development and popularity of the Neo, what's about the chance
to use A-GPS server free of charge for Neo1973 from early beginning?

Greetings
rob