idea for Neo 2nd generation: Accelerometer

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:00:49 CET 2007

I love the idea of adding an accelerometer (and other sensors) to the
next gen phone. I just bought an accelerometer addon for my Nintendo
DS and it's pretty impressive (even though there hasn't been much
development for it, yet. The only situation where I can see the
accelerometer being really useful is where Apple is using it: For
changing the screen orientation of things according to how you hold
the phone. Most other things that come to my mind are games but that's
ok since I love games. :D
A compass would be very useful, especially since it has GPS already.
Those two things connected with an accelerometer and touch and you've
got a map that you rotate by rotating the device, tilt by tilting it
and zoom by touching the screen. Great stuff to impress the ladies! ;)

Ortwin