Neo1973: Mobile Phone or Mobile Computer?

David Schlesinger david.schlesinger at palmsource.com
Thu Jan 25 20:33:16 CET 2007

On 1/25/07 2:33 AM, "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> It is proprietary software, and using proprietary software is
> unethical and unsustainable.

I'm sorry, let me make sure I understand you correctly: making a choice to
use proprietary software is _unethical_!?

I happen to use Photoshop and Illustrator for digital artwork, because
they're miles ahead of the open source alternatives in functionality and
usability, not to mention the wide range of add-on and plug-in capabilities
available.

Are you telling me I'm doing something _unethical_ by making that choice?

For someone who's so into "freedom", you seem to be spending a lot of time
trying to limit the choices other people can make.

Why's that?