intelligent (system-wide) profile switching. gestures and events (Was: Re: Why not switching automaticaly? Re: Gesture command)

Declan Naughton piratepenguin at
Thu Jan 25 21:58:27 CET 2007

Reading this, a potentially handy feature hit me, so I'm letting it out.

We should (and we probably will/do.. my nokia 6310 or whatever it is
does, like pretty much all nokias, and all phones) support multiple,
renamable profiles, defining ringing tone & volume, background image,
/perhaps Bluetooth profiles/ (which, I must point out, I don't
understand because I've never used BT and have never been interested
in it) and the like... One of these system-wide profiles are in use at
a given time.

Gestures trigger events, and events, as well as being able to make
calls, unlock the screen, trigger BT profiles etc, can be configured
to switch the system-wide profile.

Also, events should be triggerable between/at specific times, and when
the GPS system notices you've entered/are in a certain area... a 250m
radius around my school, say, where I'd like to phone to stay on