Possibilities for commercial software?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Jan 25 23:02:02 CET 2007

Salve Ortwin!

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Ortwin Regel wrote:

> I like open source and stuff but some things, especially games, are
> closed in many cases. What are the possibilities for selling closed
> software for OpenMoko devices?
Nearly the same like with GNU/Linux.

The PalmPilot hasn't DRM and commercial softare hast been sold
succsessfull - I bought several licence.
For GNU/Linux I have a selfpaid student licence for microstation and
maple and I would buy other close source for GNU/Linux -
e.G. a navigation system with good maps.

Of course would I let this close source software run in a own
vserver guest... ;)

So my motivation is not to get everything for free...
and when the commercial software is combinated with a good
service.. it would become more attractive :)

What I would dislike when the service page is full with external
advertisment google.analytics.scripts and that it smells like
that this company is selling my adress, interests and my user behavior.

Greetings
rob