WiFi

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Fri Jan 26 06:35:41 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 15:11 +0000, Tom Berger wrote:
> I'm new to the list, so I don't know whether this was already
> discussed, but I'm surprised (and a bit sorry) that the OpenMoKo spec
> doesn't include WiFi

I guess it's just as well that the first version didn't contain WiFi as
the specs for 802.11n seems all but finished
(http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS9415304733.html). Hopefully Intel and
Atheros come out with embeddable chips and release the drivers. Intel
might actually stick to its words and release the specs or the source
for a linux driver for their chipset.

I hope the initial prices won't be prohibitive.
--

Richi