dialer interface questions

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Fri Jan 26 07:28:19 CET 2007

something I've been wondering about for a long time, but haven't asked:

in the interface shots, it looks like the phone is looking up contacts as
you type... or maybe it's just showing a list of recent/common contacts.  if
it's just showing a list of recent/favorite contacts, that's cool, we can
change it after the release, but it would be pretty sweet if the phone could
look up people as you type via some kind of lookup method(T9/start dialing a
number that's stored in the phonebook/call lists and it completes it/other
ideas that I haven't come up with).  in other words, whether you want a
phone number you have memorized or a person's name via T9/multipress you
just start typing and the list below starts getting pared down

my other thought is to enable the dialer to look up a phone number via
internet directories... I understand you can't make a data and a voice call
at the same time, but it would be nice sometimes to see that it's some
business calling... or to have the name of a previous caller filled in after
the call (wouldn't have to go "who was 602-555-8956 on monday at 12:00?").

I'll put these up on the wiki, but I wanted to know if there was any
feedback on this.
anyways, not trying to contribute to the noise, but those have been kind of
sizzling on the back burner for a while now, wanted to get them off before
they burned (because that really stinks up the place)

--
Jeff