dialer interface questions

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Fri Jan 26 09:12:56 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 23:52 -0700, Jeff Andros wrote:
> I hope you can give us a hand with this stuff without getting yourself
> in trouble.

I'm actually more concerned that I might harm the project by my
involvement so I'll stay away from IMEs for a while. I'll have to find
an IP lawyer who can tell me what I can or can't do. In the meantime,
there are so many OpenMoko projects I'm also interested in.

One thing I will say is that programming for cellphones is so much
different as for desktops. Size and speed are major, major concerns.
Fortunately, the processor on the Neo seems fast enough, but the
addressable memory is still quite limited. You'll be surprised at how
big dictionaries can get and how much it bogs down the CPU when you try
to compress it. If not for that, I had a whole slew of fancy ideas I
wanted to implement that would make the cellphone seem as if it could
read your mind with just a few keystrokes.
--

Richi