Reactions From Other People to News of OpenMoko

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jan 26 11:51:30 CET 2007

On 26/01/07, Ben F-W <openmoko at flemingwilliams.co.uk> wrote:
> if you tie that to a more specific
> example, it might help to get the concept across. I usually point out
> how the priorities of end users and those of operators differ: and it's
> the operators who are the manufacturer's biggest customers. For example,
> some phones put "Send an MMS" above "Send an SMS" on a menu

Yes, totally - being able to reconfigure your menus to the order that
you most commonly use (or even to have the option of the phone doing
this automatically, so it 'naturally smooths' to your common usage) is
an example I have used.

I have also used the example of the 'home screen' having a simple
graph of how many "inclusive minutes" your subscription plan has in
total, and how many are remaining, and when you go to make a call, an
indication of the cost per minute to that number at this time, if it
is not in the inclusive minutes.

Operaters would utterly, utterly, hate this kind of feature, but I
can't think of any user who wouldn't want it :-)

--
Regards,
Dave