Combine a SoC and memory on a SD card or Usb device...Re: Possibilities for commercial software?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Jan 26 14:09:49 CET 2007

Dnia piątek, 26 stycznia 2007 13:55, Robert Michel napisał:

> For real paranoid sellers:
>
> Build a chip with memory and an embedded system on a microSD card or
> mini usb device and sell this. Use an unique encryption for every
> embdded system so that even hacking out the program from the embedded
> memory wouldn't run.

If part of application will run on this external device then it will be
quite good protection. But if it will be used as sort of 'protection key'
only then it will be breakable like it was with PC software which used
hardware keys connected to parallel port. All what is needed is good
cracker, legal copy and some time to analyze connection application<>key
and software emulator of key will be created.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                I saw what you did and I know who you are.