Will the OSDL/MLI have a yearly report as well? Re: LiMo foundation

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Jan 26 15:29:25 CET 2007

Salve David!

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, David Schlesinger wrote:

> ACCESS is a participating member of both OSDL's Mobile Linux Initiative and of the Linux Phone Standards Forum--I'm acting chair of the MLI Steering Committee and vice-chair of LiPS' Architectural Working Group--and we've contributed to the requirements documents, API specifications, etc. for both those groups.

I found this today and that the OSDL/DTL (Desktop working goup) has
published it's yearly report and came to the statement that 2006 has
been the year of the linux desktop:
http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT3453502692.html

Linux Organisation membership and organisation politics is not my
business, but from the linux-user point of view it is a little
confusing that OpenMoko/Neo1973 isn't mentioned here:
http://old.linux-foundation.org/lab_activities/mobile_linux/mli

Maybe it is not the right time to ask/talk about this, but I think
that OSDL is doing good work for promoting Linux and that linking
and cooperation would be a bennefit for both OSDL/MLI and OpenMoko...

Or let it me say in that way, it would be nice to read about
OpenMoko/Neo1973 in a yearly report of OSDL/MLI, at last in the
report about year 2007.

> So I don't think it's accurate to paint those as four different,
> separate and unrelated "parallel" efforts. It's our plan of record
> that the ACCESS Linux Platform will converge with both MLI guidelines
> and requirements and the set of LiPS-specified applications APIs.

Can you, or Sean, when it doesn't take to much time,  say something about
OpenMoko and OSDL/MLI?

Greetings,
rob

PS: IMHO LiMo looks like powered by lawers and I think that this foundation
    is not a cooperation by their hearts - so we will have several
    advantages/chances to have a better, more efficent cooperation. ;)