Possibilities for commercial software?

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:35:12 CET 2007

There is no management in a company of one or two people.
Two guys I know invested time into porting their game from PalmOS to
phones. It didn't sell at all but was pirated quite a lot. Indeed, it
was not about the DRM in this case: There was some variation of it and
it was easily cracked. The problem was that it was more easy to pirate
the game than buy it for many people and that there was no respect for
developers in the phone scene.
That's why I think that a central "official" marketplace with fair
rates for developers would be a good idea. In the Palm scene there are
central marketplaces so software is easy to buy but they take
advantage of that by ripping off developers.