idea for Neo 2nd generation: Accelerometer

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Fri Jan 26 19:13:49 CET 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 18:41:50 Tim Newsom wrote:
> > yes,  accelerometers measure acceleration.  The first derivative of
> > acceleration is velocity.
> Ok Steve.  I grant you that the first derivative of acceleration is
> velocity...

I don't think so. The first derivative of VELOCITY is acceleration (i.e.
integrate acceleration to get velocity as acceleration is the rate of change
of velocity) if my high school physics doesn't totally fail me right now.

This also means that if acceleration is zero, velocity simply is constant. And
in order to have velocity >0 you must have encountered some acceleration at
some point.