Developers phone also fit for early adopters?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Jan 26 19:49:27 CET 2007

Dnia piątek, 26 stycznia 2007 19:24, Marcus Bauer napisał:

> But if you can produce enough phones, than let all the early adopters
> have them, whether they are developers or not.

In projects like this it is normal to write that phones in Phase 0/1 are
target to developers. It is other way to say 'help us developing
applications for target users because we lack developertime for it'.

> It simply creates lots of community drive and invaluable mouth-to-mouth
> propaganda. Unless you have severe restrictions in the numbers you can
> produce, just get as many people onto the phone as possible. Tell about
> the quirks and let the people decide if they want to go with it.

But when they will say that Phase 1 is for everyone then it will
match 'phone is ready for using/testing' rather then 'phone is ready to
be test machine for your apps'. If users will get Phase 1 phones they
will know that software is not ready yet because it has to be ready for
Phase 2.

> The more people, the more feedback, the better the product in
> September.

The more normal users, the more complains.

PS  signature is random
--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

     I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
     I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.