Unified message menue? pictures? Re: CallWave
openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Jan 26 19:51:32 CET 2007
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Jesse Ross wrote:
> There was some mention on this list a while ago about an iPhone-style
> Visual Voicemail system.
I wouldn't mention apple as refference for this idea -
apple like to claim patents for solutions and like to sue...
> The following service could be a really good
> replacement, if your carrier supports it:
> Discovered via: http://www.therawfeed.com/2007/01/why-wait-for-iphone-visual-voicemail.html
Looks like a Email inbox - so no need to name it
Some ongoing ideas
-what about picutes with names?
-what about having a SMS/Email/Voicemail=Unified message overview?
-what about filter so seperate what's most important - instead of lifo
(last in, first out) or fifo
-voice meneu for the voice mailbox that the caller could leave
an importance level and number of hours untill this messige have
to be heard
- different pictures or freames around the picture for the
importance of the calls
- from neo to neo some information could be transmitted during
call, like relaxed, stressed, emergency, very sad/happy
- sound analysing if the caller sounds normal or stressed...
- picture of the wave form to separate the soundfiles better
- voice recognition - reading is quicker than listen, it
could be done externaly with commercial voice regongnition
- simple voice recognition could help to separate soundfiles better
-automaticaly merge messages from the same caller when playing back
-on/of switchable voice anouncment of time/date/person before playing
- quick play 1,5 speed
- skipping messages and move it into the folder "not so important yet"
marked as new...
Just 3 minutes brainstorm what else would be nice with voicmail system,
much much ore then just iphone...
What more? :)))
Don't get me wrong, I like your mail with this link,
it is focusing on the core function of the phone:
calling / call management ;)
More information about the community