Glossary Re: Communications (was Re: Developers phone also fit for early adopters?)

Robert Michel openmoko at
Fri Jan 26 21:12:45 CET 2007

Salve Richi!

Good point!

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Richi Plana wrote:
> And with that, let me state that I think it important to use Figures of
> Speech as little as possible in these mailing list. For one thing, many
> of the members of these lists don't have English as their primary
> language (I know I'm one of those). Second, with so many people reading,
> it just increases the chances of miscommunication.

To add: not usal abbreviations (write in bracket what it is standing for)

E.g. when I had written FPGA (Fine Pitch BGA) it would have been clear
that I meant FBGA the packed layout and not Field Programmable Gate Array

GSM, GPRS, and GPS does have also abbreviations that would be unknows
for most of us - a abbreviations glossary would help, just started
increments are wellcome :)