Reactions From Other People to News of OpenMoko

Mary Stovel mstovel at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 00:12:11 CET 2007

Greetings Rob and Sean,

  Thank you for welcoming me to the community!   I have played catch
up on the discussions going on here and it is very lively and
interesting.  I am now very excited about  OpenMoko!   I can well
understand the excitement and desire to get ones hands on this phone
and take the impatience of some as an expression of this.  Though I
can not help in the development of software, I might be helpful in
coming up with some ideas of how to present this phone to the average
user and get ideas of things they would like to see on their phone.
Maybe get them excited about having one....  get them over sticker
shock when they see the advantage of having a phone that you can keep
and upgrade and have it your way.   I imagine by now, the development
team has ideas on this, but I would like to do my bit.

Just a thought..... Recently  I convinced a friend to get a prepaid
cell phone and hang it around her neck when she went out in case she
needed to call for help.  This allowed her greater freedom to leave
home and sure was less expensive than some other advertised devices.
I thought of this with the design of the Moko which seems to have a
nice place to put a lanyard.  There may be a nice app could be
designed around this with a call for help button...and with GPS
already there...just in case.
Best Regards,
mary