Developers phone also fit for early adopters?

Warren Noronha wnorrix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 02:32:21 CET 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 11:07 PM, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

> Listen, there's nobody on this list that wishes we'd had this phone
> out in
> January more than I. But delays happen. You can't seriously be
> calling us
> liars now are you?

Haven been working on a wireless device my self for the past few
months, I totally understand where Sean is coming from. We have to
understand unlike software, its not easy to fix things once they are
released into the market. The cost of recalls etc are not cheap.

I think Sean is totally justified if he wants to push the date. I
understand that developers are eager for this phone, hell even I am
dying to get my hands on one of them. But I would not like Sean to be
pressured for an early release and release a non tested, semi
complete phone. This would hurt the OpenMoko more than a delayed
release.

Lets keep politics and software naming outside the list. This is the
single largest turn off when people start huge threads talking about
calling it Linux or GNU/Linux. This is a OpenMoko mailing list.
Software is a tool, not a religion. :)

Regards
Warren Noronha

Blog: http://www.hyperionreactor.net