Position of u-SD slot?

Michael Dickens mdickens at nd.edu
Sat Jan 27 21:02:16 CET 2007

I'm interested in making use of the u-SD slot with a card much like
the Spectec microSDIO WiFi 11g Card, but one developed "in house" for
more general wireless networking.  I assume that the u-SD slot is
accessed via the back side of the device, but does anyone know if it
will be behind the battery or on the side of it?  Behind the battery
doesn't work so well for wireless without using antenna, while beside
leaves this as an option (with a minimal antenna).  There is, of
course, the meta question of whether or not the hardware can support
such a card at all ... I really don't know the SD spec well enough
yet (but that's coming sooner rather than later ;).  Thanks for any
thoughts or comments! - MLD