about those new lists . . .

Pius A. Uzamere II pius at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 27 22:04:03 CET 2007

So, Sean, can you create some sublists now? (e.g. openmoko-dev,
openmoko-freedom)  People have floated the idea quite a bit, but this isn't
a float . . . this is a direct request from a relatively new member of the
community.

While I do believe that the issues of freedom and licensing are germane to
the community, I'm truly concerned that we're getting to a point where
people who should be working together to make this project one of the
greatest achievements in open source history are instead alienating other
contributors with inane bickering.

All due respect to the people who've been arguing these (seriously) very
important issues, but do you really think that a 3-5 e-mail rebuttal
sequence about the respective creation dates of the BSD and GNU licenses is
helping the community?  Even if you do, surely you'd agree that it'd be
useful to take such detailed discussions about licensing to some other
non-general area.

Anyway, PLEASE let's create some sublists so that we don't screw up
something with the potential to make a real impact.

Here's hoping someone's listening,
Pius