OMG wiki license

Richard Franks spontificus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 22:42:11 CET 2007

On 1/27/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:

> > I don't see a legal case being made out of this.
>
> Right, but better to protect ourselves. Also, companies, like
> FIC/OpenMoko have to take every precaution. So, if we want our content
> included, we need to be cautious as well.

Agreed - but I think the risk here is so minimal, that we can decide
upon a license and push the deadline back one week, which would give
contributors a chance to add the new license to their own pages.

Pros:
* We may get revised/improved/edited content by increasing the number
of people involved.
* Intent or nuance will not be accidentally changed.

> I also thought about going through and deleting a page, putting a GNU
> FDL 1.2 statement at the top of the page, and then summarizing/redoing
> the old content. This way, any future contributions are protected.
>
> Cool? Yet again, I propose we do this at 11:59 PM PST SAT JAN 27 so we
> can knock this out.
>
> What do you think?

Unless we have any parties - FIC, individual contributors or editors -
who feel that extending that deadline by one week would be putting
them under additional risk, then I'd say +1 week is an appropriate
response to a pragmatic estimate of the extreme unlikelihood of the
occurrence or significance of the threat.

Richard