Silent mode timeout

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Mon Jan 29 17:30:38 CET 2007

A simple feature that I'd like to see is a silent mode timeout.  What
always happens with my current phone is I set it to silent mode because
I'm in a movie or a meeting, and then later I forget to turn the ringer
back on.  This leads to a lot of missed calls.  You could have a default
timeout for simply holding down the 'volume down' button (if there is
one on this phone), and this default would initially be 'no timeout'.
When you enter silent mode, the GUI could display this current timeout
and allow you to adjust it then.  A checkbox would allow you to make
this the new default timeout.