Silent mode timeout

Knight Walker moko at kobran.org
Mon Jan 29 18:27:45 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 09:30:38AM -0700, Ben Burdette wrote:
> A simple feature that I'd like to see is a silent mode timeout.  What
> always happens with my current phone is I set it to silent mode because
> I'm in a movie or a meeting, and then later I forget to turn the ringer
> back on.  This leads to a lot of missed calls.  You could have a default
> timeout for simply holding down the 'volume down' button (if there is
> one on this phone), and this default would initially be 'no timeout'.
> When you enter silent mode, the GUI could display this current timeout
> and allow you to adjust it then.  A checkbox would allow you to make
> this the new default timeout.

I agree with this, but not just for silent mode.  My current phone (Nokia)
has the ability to set a timed expiration (profile expires at a specified
time and returns to the previous profile) for ALL phone profiles.  It's
EXTREMELY useful, as I can set it to "Meeting" mode at the beginning of a
meeting and have it automatically return to "Normal" mode at the end of
the meeting, though with the MoKo's GPS ability, I'd also like to see if
it's possible to set profiles to expire if I've traveled a set distance
from the current position (e.g. 50 meters to cover possible GPS
inaccuracies).

-KW