Thank you - and using GPRS while GSM phone/data connection? Re: Fax modem? Fax software? Neo as T.38 gateway?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Jan 30 18:16:58 CET 2007

Salve Harald!

Harald Welte schrieb am Dienstag, den 30. Januar 2007 um 17:44h:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 12:02:42AM +0100, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > * Robert Michel <openmoko at robertmichel.de> [070129 22:58]:
> > > My question is: would the GSM chip has a modem
> > > for data connections and also fax support?
> >
> > Good question. And if it is, is it a standard class 1 faxmodem like
> > common with GSM mobiles nowaday?
>
> yes, the GSM Modem we use has standard AT command Fax modem
> functionality.

Fine :)

BTW will it possibel to use GPRS connction while phoning?
E.g. would be interesting for admins to give users a new passwort
via ssh or for non technical users:
checking cinema program/train connection while phoning...

IMHO to be able to use this would be more important that fast data
connections...

Happy hacking!
rob

PS: The OpenMoko/Neo1973 project is realy great, a dream I didn't expect
an Open Linux GSM phone so soon. Seans presentation convinced me that
the right spirit kicks this project - but as I heard, that you are
active with this project, I was absolutly shure, that this will be
great :)))))