Fax modem? Fax software? Neo as T.38 gateway?

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Jan 30 18:43:17 CET 2007

Harald Welte wrote:
> yes, the GSM Modem we use has standard AT command Fax modem functionality.

I'm not 100% sure about everything I'm about to say, but I vaguely remember some things from a similar discussion a while back.

In order for you to send/receive fax via a GSM connection requires you to notify your carrier and them enable some features (CSD fax/data service plan).

Here are some links that have some information, but I'm not sure how current it is...

Hope this helps...