[moved to openmoko-community]Re: Translators needed?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Jan 30 21:41:33 CET 2007

Salve José!

Welcome to Openmoko :)

I'm just a student tring to support the community,
so we do not have an official list moderator,
and the official openmoko team member are very busy.
Your mail was send to the wrong list...

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, José Suárez wrote:

> Hi to everybody.
> I've been quite excited about the OpenMoko development and release schedule.
> I'm pretty sure I would like to buy one Neo1973 when they were available and
> became usable.
> I'm not a developer

The mailinglist openmoko-devel is only about programming.

Your kind offer to support openmoko should be send to the
openmoko-community mailinglist. I was so free to answer
your mail on this other list. When you haven't subscibed
it yet, please subscribe openmoko-community, now.

Because the people are very busy, some better informations are
missing - e.g. an automaticaly welcome message that
explains the use of the list a little better....
this just have to wait until the first Neo1973 are ready ;)

> and don't know how to code, but I would like to contribute
> to the OpenMoko project to make it great. Given that the only way I think I
> could help at the moment is by translating some of the UI/GUI messages (later
> when the phone is out I would like to test the apps and report bugs) I want
> to know if there is any need for translators. If so, I would like to
> volunteer for the translation of whatever messages into Spanish.

Translation of GUI, of help/man pages and other documentations is IMHO
very important to make projects more populare. Even Debian and Ubuntu
lakes whith translations and due this it has unused popularity
potential.

Greetings,
rob

PS:
Just an example for english only sides, see an the pages about
Debian/Ubuntu installer for Windows32:
http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/install.exe
;)