idea: linuxtogo wiki: Linksys NSLU2 and Neo 1973 HOWTO (Was: Why do I want WiFi?)

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:55:00 CET 2007

Rod

If you do go this route, I'd suggest you get a class 1 bluetooth adapter.
You won't get 100m range, but in my experience when one side of the
bluetooth link is a class 1 radio, you'll increase the range by 50 to 100%
over the standard 10m. The bluetake bt007ex is a great class 1, bt2.0,
csr-based adapter.

This nslu howto only discusses networking through the ppp/dialup/dun. I hope
we'll be able to choose pan as another option.

http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN

We could even have the phone running its own pan network to share its net
connection. This will be even more interesting with a umts/hsdpa radio in
the phone.

Brad