idea: second SIM card support

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Wed Jan 31 09:36:34 CET 2007

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Problem solved, as in option 2:
>
> http://www.dualsim.de/

That's kind of a solution, except it looks complicated and seems to
require me to mod my phone, which is a high enough barrier to entry that
I'm not likely to do it.

> I fear that having two GSM modules does not make sense in a general
> phone. (Despite the fact that I do have SIMs from two countries ;) )

It's possible that you're right, but I'm not so sure.  Influential US
websites like The Travel Insider recommend using a local SIM when
traveling abroad, so there may be a significant audience for such SIMs,
and who wouldn't rather use a second SIM with their regular phone?

But a space for a second SIM card, like all design goals, should
certainly be weighed against other priorities, and if there is just a
niche market for it, then perhaps it doesn't make sense for the
mass-market Neo.

-myk