AT commands (Re: But wich GSM chip? Re: AT commands document (Was: Fax modem? Fax software? Neo as T.38 gateway?))

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 31 12:41:09 CET 2007

Salve Harald!

Thank you for the list.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Harald Welte wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:11:53AM -0800, Dimitris Kogias wrote:
> > Isn't the AT-capable port going to be available to userland via a serial
> > abstraction?  If so, its AT command profile won't be a secret very long.
>
> there's nothing secret about that AT command profile.  The chipset
> supports all of the mandatory ETSI GSM TS 07.07 commands (use
> http://pda.etsi.org/pda/queryform.asp to get it), plus some of the
> optional ones.

I put the list into the wiki - it would be fine to mark
out which are not the optional ones and how to use them.
So from this list, every contribution, commentation of
this commands are welcome.

> So I really don't understand all this fuzz.  It's really very much
> standard compliant.

"The fuzz" could be based on
- no documention yet what the chip supports
- experiances that GSM devices/chips from siemens have
  own solutions
- that some vendors has not good support/services

Or positiv written that good documentations motivates to chooce a
device/project to test and hack some ideas.

Maybe it was a missunderstanding when we ask about the chip,
it was not about secret things, just about normal open documentation
about it. Even when the Neo1973 is not shipped, this list and
e.g. the information about fax could motivate some people here
on the list to start playing with there eqipment and tools to
be a little bit prepared ...

E.g. the network quality - nearly non of us would run around
(daily) with mobil/laptop/GPS device to monitor the networkquality,
but with the Neo1973 it could be an interesting thing.

So thank you for this list, it helps to think about the power
of the Neo1973 and motivats to play with AT commands... :)

Greetings,
rob