[moved to openmoko-community]Re: Translators needed?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 31 15:41:13 CET 2007

Salve Jose!

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente wrote:

> And me could help in Spanish translation, but I suppose it's being done by
> FIC.

I don't think so - FIC is just paing Sean, Mikey, Harald...
to do the SDK - so cool aplication must we crosscompile
or just programm and the documentation would be also "our"
community part.
But worry about "how much work this will be" -
one programming philosopy is:

   "divide et impera" = "Divide and govern"

but OpenMoko is not about govern, nor does this the wikipedia.
The project itself is community driven - translation by FIC
would be slow and inefficent like the nuepedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nupedia

Making participation as easy as possible will make it easy
that many people are cooperate with translation.

The wikipedia is on stepp further than the GNU/Linux manpages.
Like "Translation a full manpage? I do understand only 50% of the
      features... and I should be reponsable for the whole translation?"

I'm very optimistic that a cooperation with wikis as tool,
maybe an openmoko-wikionary will be more efficient and more
easy to join than cooperation work some years ago.

Greetings,
rob