Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding the Messaging Support in OpenMoko

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 31 14:05:02 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:49:36PM +0100, Robert Michel wrote:

> I'm just a listmember, but maybe my answer will help you.
> The core developers are very busy at the moment so everybody
> has to use patience when things will be published.

exactly, thanks.

> AFAIK when the first Neo1973 will be shipped to devleopers in
> February/March SMS function will be running.
> I don't think that EMS and MMS is limmted by hardware, so
> it will be a question of time when this will be running as well.

We don't consider MMS as something that the typical user of the Neo1973
would use anyway.  We have SMS, and we have GPRS for services like ICQ,
Jabber, e-mail and the like.

If somebody in the community wants to implement MMS, that's great.  But
we don't see it as a core feature of the device.